Friday, July 2, 2021

My film history schools #3 Harvard Film Archive

 


This is the only venue still showing films of the 5 "schools" and IMHO the ugliest. (I’m no fan of  Brutalist architecture, it seems to express the powerful giving back nothing) I have not lived in Boston for 20 years now. so I have no info on its later years, but I started going to the public showings from their start around 1979. Memorable highlights were completing my viewings of Luis Buñuel’s Mexican movies and a showing of “The Spook who sat by the door” (1973) with a phone interview with Ivan Dixon who was much more interested in talking about his later films

El 1953

É       


Illusion Travels by Streetcar 1954




Robinson Crusoe 1954




Wuthering Heights 1954





The Criminal Life of Archibaldo de la Cruz 1955

The Young One 1960

Its an Art Film/Its an Exploitation Film




.

The Spook who sat by the Door 1973





No comments:

Post a Comment